Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Reply

Dear John,

I'm sorry for the pain...

I'm sorry for this reality....

The thought of rejection never once came to mind.  It was always about giving you the chance to experience what you have been deprived of for so long.
You always tell me that all you ever dreamed of was to be wanted..to be a priority.  I gave you a chance to experience all that.  I know you felt like I left you broken.  It was never my intention.  All I ever did was set you free..Free from the pain of unrequited love, the disappointment of a one-sided relationship, and most off all, I freed you from the chains of a blinding infatuation.

Believe me when I say that I do want you with me..that I want you to exist in my universe.
Trust me when I tell you that all I ever wanted was to help you experience the love that you coveted.
Know in your heart that it was the only thing that I could do to help you see that there are still others that deserve what you wanted to share with me.

I never rejected you..

I never said I didn't love you..

I want you to know that I have and I will always love you..But please also keep in mind that the love I feel for you will remain platonic.  I love you as strongly as a sister loves her brother..

I will try shield you from the things that could tear you down..
I will do my best to be your ally as you face the harshness of life..
and..
I will do everything that I can to protect you from yourself..

You are your own worst enemy.  You hold your own fate.  Do what you can to hold yourself up as you try to absorb the fact that we will forever remain this way..

Keep this with you always..

I love you for I see a part of me in you..
I love you for you became a part of me too..
I love you for what you are..
I love you..for you are my brother..

Be strong..
Be faithful..
Be god-fearing..
Be a good man..

I will always be here...


                                              Jane

No comments: