Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taking on the world..and my life..

I graduated last April 5,2008 with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology.

I was sooo happy that after 4 years of constantly slamming my head against concrete walls and metal lockers just to be able to understand the things that were supposed to learn as a part of the curriculum, I was able to go up the stage and receive my diploma..

OK..soo it wasn't really that hard..but it was not that easy either..
Yeah..I admit..The first 2 years..I had it easy..It was mostly about the basic stuff..And since I graduated from Assumption, most of the topics I encountered during my college years were just simple recall from my lessons during my high school..
The third and last year of my Medtech life was PURE HELL..I have to admit..even if i did passed with flying colors..i never had the chance to enjoy those years..
There was no time to hang out and chill..What with all the requirements and subjects to pass...

But I survived those 4 years..

My next obstacle was the Licensure Examinations..yeah..for me..It was make-or-break because..unlike others, I only have one chance...if i don't pass it on the first try..I will not have the opportunity to take it once again because..I have to pursue something else..

Yeah..The first 2 months of review classes were slightly difficult..because I took every session very seriously..but when the review classes in Manila started..I slackened..i was always late..i was absent more often than not..i never listen to any of the lectures..yeah..i copied notes..but my heart wasn't into it..
Study time at the dorm was fun..I admit..i was a bit encouraged to learn because my dorm mates was sooo conscientious.. but it got old after awhile..After the review..i stopped studying..I was more into hanging out..sleeping..all the things that would make me forget that i was about to take the BOARDS..
My friends were encouraging me to stop bumming around,and start hitting the books..but i told them that it was still a month before the exams..then before i knew it..it was just 2-3 days before the exams..I panicked..soo..i started reading..but i guess it didn't help..soo..again..i quit..

I guess being a bookworm certainly has its perks..my comprehension was above par, and i mostly retained everything i learned, read and heard during the past months..but i was still not convinced..i have to say that the exams were easy..but not THAT easy..there were still some questions, that made me sweat blood..
After the test..we celebrated..and then it hit me..what if i didn't pass the exams because I did not take it seriously?...with that thought i cried..
Just imagine..from Megamall to Sta.Mesa..I never stopped crying..up until the time i found out that i PASSED..the tears won't go away..

But i guess..I did it..even though I was not that dedicated..my 4 years of hard work and diligence did pay ofF..that is why when people say that in order to be a MEDTECH you have to be SMART..i would totally disagree..YEAH..INTELLIGENCE IS A FACTOR..but..IF you don't work hard..you won't get to suRvive the course..

BEING A MEDTECH IS NOT JUST ABOUT BEING SMART..ITS ALL ABOUT BEING DILIGENT, AND HARDWORKING..

Take it from me..I'm one of those mediocre students..but hey..now I'm an RMT...

I am ready to face the world, and I know..I would make a great MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST

No comments: