Monday, May 2, 2016

Love..the 2nd time around

Once upon a time, there was a guy and a girl. The girl was naive, the guy was used to the ways of fate. The girl was overwhelmed by how the guy made her his whole world. They fell in love, and it went on for four years.

Sadly, the story that started with "once upon a time" did not end with 'happily ever after. The girl was left behind, trying to glue together the pieces of her shattered heart, and the guy was never heard from again.

As she sat, alone and broken, in a corner. A shadow blocked the only light she has left. As she looked up, she saw the most beautiful creature. An angel, yet completely human, and then she knew. He was an angel, who came down from heaven and cut off his wings, to save her form perdition. The heavenly being suddenly bent down, and caught the only tear that fell, from her left eye. the girl looked up, and the being spoke," Can i sit and share this corner with you?"..She answered," No, i don't wanna share with someone, who would suddenly leave, and take my corner with him". He replied," No, I won't..You will never lose this corner. You will keep this corner for eternity, and I swear that I will never,ever take anything away from you". The girl looked at him and said, "you just took something..You took away my tear drop"..He smiled and said, "ahh..That one, I have to take". The girl was confused,"why?". He took her hand in his, and slowly placed it on his chest," Because I was taking away your sadness. I am keeping it in here, and i promise you that it would be the last teardrop that you will ever shed"


January 7,2009; 3:00pm
"Will you be my 21st Treasure?"

Say WHAT?????..

kinda like a movie,right?actually..the question was asked sang galantaw movie..hehehe..ironic, dont you think?..

ok..Rewind...

When girls turn 18..Most of us will have a coming-of-age or debutante's ball, more commonly known as the DEBUT..As the tradition goes, the debutante will have her 18 roses, 18 candles, and of course, her 18 treasures.

Well..A friend of mine (a guy) had his 21st birthday when we were in Manila getting ready for our licensure exams, and since the both of us were so bored..we decided to have our very own "DEBUT"..with him as the celebrant, and me as the guest..
Of course..ako ang 21 candles, 21 roses, and since I was his only guest..I was obligated to give him 21 treasures..(naputo ako..hahaha)

Too bad..I was only able to give him 20 treasures..since i ran out of significant things to offer..So I decided to present him with a binded copy of my poems ..and since I was super broke..It took me a while to get it bookbind(actually..asta subong wa xa na bind)..and since matamad ako..gnsave ko nalang sa usb..and decided to give him the usb instead(oh, diba creative)..

Today was the day that I was suppose to give him that last treasure..kag since hangag si mare, nliptan ko sa blay..So wa nlng..surprised ptni..

Since we had nothing to do..We decided to go to SM, and watch a movie..T,k MMFF..puro tagalog films..we chose "SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL X" nlng..

The movie was not that scary, but the 2nd episode was a bit disturbing..and then..TOINK!!!..he popped the question..

"Will you be my 21st treasure?"
Aragay..I thought nlimtan na ang treasure2 na 2..k dugay2 na gid ya..but I guess not..
So obviously..imbis na ako ang mngsurprise..AKO ANG GINSURPRISE..hahaha..

It was kind of ironic since we were watching what was supposed to be a horror film, but it was sweet at the same time..

I guess it really was time fo us to decide kung nu gd status namon since we were in limbo for a LOOOONG TIME na..and in limbo..i mean..we weren't there yet, but we were close...(you get my drift, right?)..

So..though it was kinda funny how the process unfolded..It was still unIque, and very romantic..hehehehe..nkilig ko..and i have made my decision..

so I'm shouting out to the world that...

"YES!..I WILL BE YOUR 21st TREASURE!!!"


I wrote this blog more than half a decade ago..and in 4 more days it will be 7 years and 4 months since the day I said yes. Francis still keeps my teardrop. He hasn't given me back the sadness and pain I had once felt. I still have my "corner", but now, its a little bit bigger, because he got his own and shared it with me.

Despite all the bad drafts before, I did get my fairytale.. Love really is sweeter the 2nd time around. my story still has a lot of unwritten chapters, but i know. someday, somehow..it would end with the words, "and they live happily ever after"..

HAPPY 88th, MY "ONE"..Thank you for helping me glue things back together. I know, it took a lot of effort on your part to help me get through things that i never imagined i would experience. You were there all throughout the events i have gone through for the last 7 years, and even before our love story started. You were a stranger, once, and then you became my friend, my confidant, my brother, my prince, and now my other half. You have been so good to me and to my family. You really are HEAVEN-SENT. The idiosyncrasies of my life were tolerated by you, and despite all my imperfections, you still gave me everything , and made me the most beautiful, woman in your world.


THANK YOU SO MUCH... I LOVE YOU

It's nice to hear such a fairytale, right? It only happens to the best of us, and sadly it did not happen to me... I do hope and pray you get your happy ending.
Keep smiling!
"I gave you the key..You gave me your heart"

No comments: