Thursday, September 15, 2016

Unspoken

I'll speak the words you're unwilling to accept
Through your actions, you silently cried to me to be your voice
Thank you for speaking waves in your silence
for now,dear John, you're words have been spoken..





I love you for you are different
I love you for being new
I love you for reasons I cannot fathom
I love beyond what I understand
I love you for the hurt
I love you for the rejection
but most of all..
I love you for the reality of what is meant to be

I see you from afar, and I see how you smile.
I see you with a frown, and secretly wish I could make it disappear even for a while
I see you in pain, and I want to run to your side
I see your tears, and I painfully look away overpowered with pride

I want to hold you, but I fear that you would let go
I want to touch you, but you shied away
I want face you, but you slowly turned your back
I tried to man up, but I lack that push
I see myself raw, but you just stood there blindly

You gave me your time, and I gave you the truth
You gave a once-over, that opportunity I took
You had no emotion when we met, I felt myself falter
You shook your head, and I know you asked if I was sincere

I try to be brave, but I lack the courage
You saw through the cracks, and I was left bare
I know you have your doubts, but please hear me out
I have a broken past, but I try to renew it now

You walked away, without giving me a second glance
I knew I screwed up, despite being given a chance
I am far beyond perfect, and I know I am broken
I have to face the fact that this words will be left unspoken

I know you're cynical, I can't blame you
I played with hearts until I met you
This time I swear, my intentions are true
But the disbelief in your eyes left me blue

I will always be silently wishing for my missed opportunities
But I blame myself for not showing my sincerity
When I talk to you through words I am unfazed
But I never had the character to show it to your face

I wish I was strong enough to show I care
But knowing how you feel, I certainly wouldn't dare
I am pretend to be heartless and really tough
But you stood up to me and called my bluff

You were the first to ignore the advances I did
I saw my heart, and it was the first time I saw it bleed
This is the payback I get for breaking them and making them wish they could die
A first for me, for this is the only time I allowed myself to cry

You said goodbye through cryptic words
I said please hold on, but you left my pleas unheard
I have wronged a lot, and this time I feel the pain
A lesson so tough, but now I know trust has to be gained

You walk away without looking back
I regret crushing feelings before, for now I fit on the very same rack
I guess from the start, success has never been with me
and I guess it still won't be
You are gone and I know I can never make you stay
It was a privilege loving you anyway


No comments: